Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Technically Retarded

I was going to write today about Mother's Day, or possibly my pending fatherhood (which inspires more terror than anything else right now). I'm sure I'll come back to those, but I couldn't help but notice my previous post and the delightfully vacant square where Ted McGinley was supposed to be. And I just had to lament.

I wonder how many people out there are like me in that they THOUGHT they knew how technology worked, or perhaps they once did, but struggle with some of these basic internet things which the average 8 year old can do. When did I get lapped? I used to be worshipped in my office because I could hook up a printer and fix people's e-mail settings. But this HTMHell crap is killing me.

Granted, this doesn't compare to the time my mother called me because she had erased the main menu on Windows 3.1. I didn't know you could do that, but I was wrong. (When they ask "are you sure you want to delete this?" ALWAYS stop to see if you're sure...that's why they ask the question, people) Blissful ignorance of technology is one thing, but to be somewhat versed in the subject (or worse, to actually work in the field as I do) and still leave ghost photos on your blog is pretty pathetic.

Anyway, if you have any stories of your own pending senility please feel free to share. Or if you're some hot-shot who wants to show and old thirtysomething a thing or two about blogs feel free to comment as well, although you're only allowed three sentences of abuse before you go on auto-delete. Assuming I still know how to do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home